WEEKLY UPDATE – FEBRUARY 24
SKILLS STRIPE FOR THE WEEK
Monday and Tuesday, students will have a shot at earning their BLACK stripe:
Skillz program – Fitness
Taekwondo program – One Steps/Sparring
White through Orange Belt Taekwondo students will earn their black stripe when they’ve memorized and can perform, without assistance or instruction, their assigned one-steps. Senior Orange belts and higher ranks will earn their black stripe once they show us their proficiency in sparring. Students are expected to be proficient for their belt rank. They can earn their black stripe daily between February 25 and testing. Students must have their black stripe in order to test in April.
Wednesday through Friday, students will have a shot at earning their PURPLE/RAINBOW stripe:
Skillz program – Memory
Taekwondo program – Form
Students in Skillz will earn their purple form for performing their one steps (4 year olds) or part of Chon-Ji. They can earn a rainbow stripe once they know all moves of taekwondo.
Students in our taekwondo program will earn their purple stripe once they know half of their form and can perform it without any assistance or instruction. They will earn their rainbow stripe once they can do the same for their entire form. Beginning Wednesday, students can earn tehir purple stripe or rainbow stripe daily between Wednesday and testing. Students MUST have their rainbow stripe in order to test in April.
Forms for this testing cycle:
4 year olds and select students – white belt one-steps
5 and 6 year olds – Chon-Ji
White Belts – Ki-Bon
Yellow and Orange Belts – Dan-Gun
Intermediate Students (senior orange – senior purple belts) – Do-San
Advanced Students (blue – senior red belts) – Joong-Gun
1st Degree Probationary and Recommended – Gwan-Gae
1st Degree Decided – Po-Eun
1st Degree Senior – Gae-Baek
2nd Degree – Choong-Jang
2nd Decided – Yoo-Sin
2nd Senior – Ul-Ji
3rd Degree – Yon-Gae
You can find videos of our forms and one-steps on our app. Check out the article below on how to download it to your phone!
DEADLINE TO REGISTER FOR IN-SCHOOL TOURNAMENT IS WEDNESDAY
The last day to register for our in-school tournament is Wednesday, February 27!
This will be our ONLY in-school tournament for 2019! And because its our only tournament for the year, we’ve got some special things happening for it:
- OG style of point sparring (the match is temporarily stopped each time a competitor scores a point; judges announce each time the point is scored)
- Team sparring – teams of 3 students compete against other teams to be declared team sparring champions at their belt rank level (intermediate, advanced, black belts)
- Kicking Challenge – challenge yourself to see how many kicks you can complete in 30 seconds! Kicks will be announced Wednesday, February 27.
- A Ninja Warrior Obstacle course for our Skillz students
- Texas-themed awards for everybody! (’cause its Texas Independence Day, y’all!)
On top of all that, we’ve sweetened the deal for those of you who compete on Saturday: ALL competitors will automatically receive a FREE spot at BOTH of our prep clinics for our regional Taekwondo America tournaments taking place in May in Dallas and in November right here!
If you’re ready to sign up, go on an do it right now online here: http://bit.ly/FBsparwars
SPRING BREAK WEEK = SPECIAL SESSIONS AND AN ALTERED CLASS SCHEDULE
DOWNLOAD OUR APP FOR FORMS VIDEOS AND MORE
Don’t forget to download our Member App on your smartphone.
Here are the easy steps:
1. Go to App Store or Google Play and search for McCoy’s Taekwondo America
3. Open app
4. Enter email address that is on file with us
5. Click “Forgot Password” button
6. Check your email for temporary password
7. Login using temporary password
8. Use drop down menu to change password
9. Make sure you allow push notifications
2019 TESTING DATES
(Dates are subject to change)
April 8 – 10
June 3 -5