WEEKLY UPDATE – MARCH 17
SKILLS STRIPE FOR THE WEEK:
On Monday and Tuesday, students will have a shot at earning their RED stripe:
Skillz – Focus
TKD – Agility
Wednesday through Friday, students will have a shot at earning their ORANGE stripe:
Skillz – Balance
TKD – Board Breaking
Forms for this testing cycle:
4 year olds and select students – white belt one-steps
5 and 6 year olds – Chon-Ji
White Belts – Ki-Bon
Yellow and Orange Belts – Dan-Gun
Intermediate Students (senior orange – senior purple belts) – Do-San
Advanced Students (blue – senior red belts) – Joong-Gun
1st Degree Probationary and Recommended – Gwan-Gae
1st Degree Decided – Po-Eun
1st Degree Senior – Gae-Baek
2nd Degree – Choong-Jang
2nd Decided – Yoo-Sin
2nd Senior – Ul-Ji
3rd Degree – Yon-Gae
You can find videos of our forms and one-steps on our app. Check out the article below on how to download it to your phone!
PURCHASE YOUR OWN CASE OF WOOD BOARDS – DEADLINE TO ORDER IS WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20
Want to practice your board breaking on wood boards at home? The most economical way to do so is to purchase a case of wood!
Each case has 17 – 32 boards (dependent on board size) and costs $65 + tax.
Please be sure to check the size needed for your child. If they’re having a birthday soon or ranking up to red belt, consider going up in board size so they’re fully prepared for the size different.
Orders are due by Wednesday, March 20!
The short window to purchase is due to Spring Break – we wanted to make sure everyone was back in town to give them an opportunity to order.
Order at the front desk, in our mobile app, or online here: http://bit.ly/BuyWoodBoards
BOARD BREAKING CLINIC FRIDAY MARCH 29
Our next board breaking clinic takes place Friday, March 29 – and we’ve scheduled TWO clinic times!
TKD Sr. Orange – Sr. Blue Belts Clinic – 6:30 p.m.
TKD Brown Belts and higher ranks Clinic – 7:15 p.m.
Cost: $20 per attendee
Can’t make the time scheduled for your rank? That’s okay – just know that the clinics will be geared toward the belt ranks listed. So, if you’re a black belt who needs to attend at 6:30p, we’ll be covering the very basics of board breaking and may not have time for you to practice your required testing board breaks.
Sign up at the front desk, in our mobile app, or register online here: http://bit.ly/WoodBustinTime
BE SURE YOU’RE READY TO TEST WITH OUR READINESS CLINIC SATURDAY, APRIL 6
Make sure you’re ready for testing with our testing readiness clinic!
Saturday, April 6 from 10 to 11 a.m.
This clinic is for all taekwondo students who are planning to test at our April testing. We’ll go over techniques for your forms and one-steps, sparring, and practice board breaking on the bags and targets.
Students who only need 1 or 2 stripes are strongly encouraged to attend this clinic so they have a shot at being able to test next week.
Be sure to bring your sparring gear and wear your belt, along with TKD pants and uniform. Register at the front desk, on our mobile app, or online here: http://bit.ly/GetReadyToTest
A FEW HOUSEKEEPING AND HYGIENE REMINDERS
We firmly believe that this is just as much YOUR school as it is Mrs. Chapman’s.
We really don’t mind that your family eats, colors, does homework, etc. while in the lobby. However, we’re discovering a few things that you could really help us out with.
If you or your child makes a mess, please do us a favor and clean it up, or ask for assistance to clean.
Please do not allow your littles to peel the paint off the viewing wall, draw in the paint, or dig pens/pencils/markers into the paint. While we don’t want to stifle their creativity, the appropriate media for that type of activity is paper, not our wall.
- Please don’t allow your children to practice, run, jump, hop, or cartwheel in the lobby.
- Please be mindful that there are many families in the lobby – so, if you need to have a conversation and are as loud as Mrs. Chapman, it may be better for you to hold your conversation outside.
- Please be sure to wear shoes into the school. You really don’t want to track what’s out in the parking lot onto our mats.
- Please escort your children under the age of 8 into our bathroom. Mrs. Chapman has the plumber on speed dial because students are flushing paper towels down the toilet. These don’t decompose like toilet paper and end up clogging the toilet. In addition, if you see that we need bathroom supplies, please be sure to let us know.
- And, with the weather beginning to get warmer, we’d really appreciate it if students could change their socks out from school and wash their feet before coming to classes. Feet stuck in socks and closed shoes throughout the school day tend to get a little funky. So do armpits, for that matter. We’d appreciate it if students could put on some fresh deodorant prior to coming to classes – especially those students in our teen classes.
2019 TESTING DATES
(Dates are subject to change)
April 8 – 10
June 3 -5