Fort Bend TaeKwonDo’s Class Policies and Procedures
Updated January 4, 2021
We are committed to the health and safety of our Members, their families, and our instructors. We have developed sanitation and social distancing procedures for our facility and policies and procedures for online lessons.
We are committed to providing the cleanest, safest environment for students taking classes during this time in our facility. To do so, we:
1. Treat all high-touch surfaces (floors, mats, equipment, door handles, bathrooms, etc.) with a professional antimicrobial treatment from Dis-in-Fx (a company we’ve used for over 6 years – you can check out the video I made about it here.)
2. Disinfect all used equipment and floor space in between and/or after classes with KenClean Plus Athletic Surface Disinfectant Cleaner, a virucide approved for COVID-19.
3. Strongly encourage students and their families to follow the CDC’s prevention steps below to stop the spreading of illnesses: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
4. Use of a HEPA Air Purifier.
5. Open front double doors for air circulation a minimum of 2 hours a day, weather permitting.
Class Safety Precautions
We also do a number of class safety precautions. These include:
1. Limiting the number of students to 16 per class to maintain social distancing. We require students to reserve a space on our app, FortBend TKD (download in apps or Google Play).
2. Monitor all students for signs and symptoms of illness, including taking temperatures, and not allowing them into class if any signs are present.
3. Requiring masks or facial coverings on the mouth AND nose for all persons ages 10 & up entering the facility as per the order of the state of Texas. We STRONGLY recommend ALL students wearing facial coverings in order to keep everyone as safe as possible.
4. Requiring masks for anyone ages 10 and older sitting in our lobby.
5. Liberally spray students’ hands and gloves with hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol) any time we do partner drills.
When students enter/leave the facility for class, they will:
- Wait outside while we dismiss the previous class.
- Stop to have their temperatures checked when entering with a touchless thermometer.
- Use hand sanitizer upon entering.
- Drop shoes and sparring gear onto your assigned individual shelf (please wear slip on/slip off shoes so that they are easy to get in and out of, i.e. flip-flops or crocs). Shoes MUST be worn into the facility.
- Remain 6-feet apart as you make your way onto the workout floor.
- Dismiss one by one per instructor directions.
- Put shoes back on.
- Use hand sanitizer as you leave the facility.
Just a few more things:
- Students should wear shoes they can slip on and off very quickly. Time is of the essence, and so we need students to be able to move in and out of the facility as quickly as possible.
- Students need to come in their uniforms with their belts ON. Should belts come off during class, students will need to put them back on themselves or put them in a corner of their workout space. Instructors will not re-tie belts.
- Students who have sparring gear should come into classes on Wednesdays and Thursdays with gear already on, or expect to put it on before class begins. If you wear your gear into the facility, please DO NOT wear your foot gear in as we don’t want you to bring in anything off the parking lot and sidewalks.