Fort Bend TaeKwonDo’s Class Policies and Procedures
Updated July 6, 2020
We are committed to the health and safety of our Members as well as their choice to take classes either online or in-person and have developed sanitation and social distancing procedures for our facility and policies and procedures for online lessons.
In-Person Class Procedures and Policies
We are committed to providing the cleanest, safest environment for students taking classes during this time in our facility. To do so, we are:
1. Treating all surfaces (floors, mats, equipment, door handles, bathrooms, etc) with a professional antimicrobial treatment from Dis-in-Fx (a company we’ve used for over 6 years – you can check out the video I made about it here.)
2. Setting up 6-foot spaces for students to remain in during class and a 3-foot walkway in between each space.
3. Allowing students to only use any equipment (targets, bags, etc.) that are placed in their workout space.
4. None or very limited physical contact between students and instructors.
5. Disinfecting all used equipment and floor space in between and/or after classes.
6. Strongly encourage students and their families to follow the CDC’s prevention steps below to stop the spreading of illnesses: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
Please note, parents of any student who has trouble staying in their individual workout space will be required to attend class to help them maintain proper social distancing.
Additionally, we will also:
1. Require students taking class at the school to reserve a space on our online portal here: https://fort-bend-taekwondo.sparkuniversity.co/Class_Schedule.aspx
Students without a reservation will not be permitted to enter the facility.
2. Only allow students in the facility.
3. Monitor all students for signs and symptoms of illness and not allow them into the facility if signs are present.
4. Not allow the use of our restrooms.
5. Not allow students to have any food in our facility.
6. Require masks or facial coverings for all persons ages 10 & up entering the facility as per the order of the state of Texas. We STRONGLY recommend ALL students wearing facial coverings in order to keep everyone as safe as possible.
7. Require students to remain in their individual training space throughout class.
8. Limit access in the facility to a small pathway that leads directly onto the floor.
9. Due to the new policy and procedures, students who arrive after classes begin will not be allowed into our facility.
When students enter the facility for class, you will:
- Remain in your car until we give the signal to enter the facility, or in one of the sidewalk sections. Each section is 6 feet long.
- Enter only through the front door.
- Stop at the front door to have your temperature checked with a touchless thermometer.
- Use hand sanitizer.
- Drop shoes off into one of our cubbies (please wear slip on/slip off shoes so that they are easy to get in and out of, i.e. flip-flops or crocs). Shoes MUST be worn into the facility.
- Remain 6-feet apart on designated lines as you make your way onto the workout floor, and keep your mask/facial covering on throughout class.
- Enter the workout floor to your assigned mat area and stay within that area throughout the class.
- Dismiss one by one per instructor directions.
- Put shoes back on.
- Use hand sanitizer as you leave the facility.
Just a few more things:
- Students should wear shoes they can slip on and off very quickly. Time is of the essence, and so we need students to be able to move in and out of the facility as quickly as possible.
- Students need to come in their uniforms with their belts ON. Should belts come off during class, students will need to put them back on themselves or put them in a corner of their workout space. Instructors will not re-tie belts.
ONLINE CLASS POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
1 All surface areas must be clear of all objects and potential hazards while taking classes.
2. Students must remain in view of the camera at all times during class.
3. Another person has to be either in the room or within hearing distance of any one-on-one lessons.
4. We strongly encourage parents or guardians to be nearby our 5- and 6-year-old students to help them get the most out of their lesson.
5. All persons regardless of age and sex in view of the camera must be appropriately clothed. This includes shirts as well as shorts/pants/skirts. Cameras will be turned off and you will be sent a message to put on proper attire.
6. Students are muted throughout the class so the instructor can be easily heard.
7. Put the student’s name into Zoom when you’re logging in so our instructors know who you are.
8. Students should be in their taekwondo uniform when taking class.
9. Use the waiting room feature of Zoom once students’ bow in. Students who arrive late will be put into the waiting room and admitted to class when and if we are able to do so.