Fort Bend TaeKwonDo’s Rules
Updated July 5, 2021
Fort Bend TaeKwonDo School Rules for all:
Treat others the way you want to be treated.
1. Students are REQUIRED to have their belt, taekwondo pants, and either a Fort Bend/Taekwondo America t-shirt or their taekwondo jacket at the start of class. Orange belts and above are required to have their gear bag with them at the start of class.
2. Any student who does not have the required uniform will not be allowed out onto the floor for class.
3. Students will not be allowed out onto the floor if they are more than 10 minutes late to class, regardless of the reason.
4. Students should wear slip-on shoes INTO the school so as to not bring in whatever may be out in the parking lot and sidewalks.
5. Students are required to keep their toe and fingernails neat and trimmed, maintain good hygiene including wearing deodorant, and keeping hair up and out of the face.
6. Only students and instructors may be on the workout floor unless an instructor asks a parent/caregiver out onto the floor during classes.
7. Students – not parents or caregivers – should put their shoes, socks, coats, and sweatshirts/sweaters neatly on one of our shelves before coming out onto the floor.
8. Students should have clean feet. This may mean washing your feet prior to coming to class and changing into a new, non-sweaty pair of socks.
9. Students who are having trouble focusing in class will be dismissed from class for the day.
10. Once a student is out on the floor, they may not leave class without permission from an instructor or until class is dismissed.
11. Students can arrive 10 minutes before their class and remain 10 minutes after their class. Because we are not a licensed daycare facility, we cannot allow students to be in the school for any longer period of time before/after their classes. It is an extreme liability to the school and its staff, and so our insurance also does not allow provision for any type of “day care”. We are VERY strict with this policy due to the stress students have when they’re left and have a 3-strike rule for this specific rule. While we understand that, from time to time, you may be late in picking up your child, we also expect to be notified via a quick text or call to us. Failure to notify us and to pick up your child more than 20 minutes after class ends may end with Fort Bend TaeKwonDo staff contacting the police for child abandonment.
Parent, Caregiver, Siblings and Guest Rules
-Children not in class, siblings, friends/family, and guests must be supervised by an adult at all times.
-Do not call out to students or instructors on the mats. We know you want to encourage your child while on the floor, however, it is distracting to your child, the instructors, and other participants. If your child cries, the instructors will deal with the issue. We can usually do so fairly quickly when parents don’t get involved. If we can’t get your child over the issue, we will bring them out to the lobby to you.
-Do not instruct your child while they are in class. (If you’re that interested in instructing, please see Mrs. Chapman and she’ll get you a uniform so you can attend class, learn how and what we teach, and train you to become an instructor.)
-Do not allow children to practice their forms, run, chase each other, throw things, bang on the windows, or climb onto or stand on our furniture.
-Keep your voice to an “indoor voice” level while in the lobby.
-Take phone calls outside of the school
-Escort children under the age of 6 or who need assistance into the bathroom
-Keep our lobby and restrooms clean and neat
-Let us know if any supplies need to be restocked in the restrooms
-Do not sit or stand in or block the doors.
-Parents, caregivers, siblings guests, and students who damage our facility may be liable for payment of any and all repairs.
–BE SUPPORTIVE! Students will mess up, and we will correct them. What happens on the mat, stays on the mat. If we need your help, we will consult with you. Otherwise, all they need is continual support and encouragement!